Javier A. Espinosa-Oviedo is a computer scientist specialized in the domains of databases and distributed systems (e.g., cloud/service based Big Data management/processing). He works as postdoctoral researcher at University of Lyon 3. He is also researcher in the database management groups of the French-Mexican Laboratory of Informatics and Automatic Control (LAFMIA), an international research unit of the French Council of Scientific Research (CNRS), and the Laboratory of Informatics of Grenoble (LIG). His research interests concern:
- Big Data management and analytics
- Distributed data centric systems and NoSQL
- Cloud computing and service oriented computing
- Data Visualisation
Before moving to U. of Lyon, he worked as researcher at the LDE BOLD Cities Centre, in the Fac. of Architecture of TU Delft, the Barcelona Supercomputing Center (BSC, 2016-2018), and the LAFMIA laboratory (2013-2015). In these positions he contributed to national, international and European projects (cf. projects). Since 2016 he is permanent member of LAFMIA and plays an active role in the laboratory’ international collaborations.
He received his PhD in Computer Science (2013) from University of Grenoble-Alpes (UGA), France, and his Master (2008) and Engineer (2006) degree in Computer Science and Computer Systems Engineering from Universidad de las Americas Puebla (UDLAP), Mexico.
Since 2016 he is member of the Mexican Academy of Computer Science (AMEXCOMP).
Since end 2018 he is member of the Mexican National System of Researchers (SNI C).
- Microsoft Data Science Award (2016)
- CONACyT Int. Postdoctoral Fellowship (2016-2018, BSC, Spain)
- CONACyT Int. PhD scholarship (2009-2013, UGA, France)
- CONACyT Int. mobility grant (2007-2008, LIG, France)
- CONACyT MSc scholarship (2006-2008)